Introduction to MKA
Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya is a spiritual organisation of young men. Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya (MKA) was founded in 1938 by Khalifat-ul Masih II, Mirza Bashiruddin Mahmud Ahmad, the second Caliph of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. According to the auxiliary’s founder, the name Khuddamul Ahmadiyya, literally means that its members are servants of Ahmadiyya.
Khalifatul Masih II, Mirza Bashiruddin Mahmud Ahmad established the tenets of Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya to rest on the principles of service and sacrifice and to inculcate a commitment to one’s faith, country, and to the world around them, tenets that still resonate through its international membership. The importance of Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya was so great that in 1940, membership was made compulsory for every young man between the ages of 16 and 40. As a result, branches of Khuddamul Ahmadiyya were established in all parts of the world. Every member of this organisation is called a khadim (servant).
For Ahmadi children from 7 to 15 years of age, a separate organisation called Majlis Atfalul Ahmadiyya works under the supervision of Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya. Each member is called a Tifl. Sadr Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya is the chief superintendent of both organisations, performing duties as per the constitution and instructions of Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih. In order to implement the programs of the Majlis smoothly and to function better, the entire work of the organisation has been divided into various departments.
One of our principal objectives is the moral and spiritual training of youth through a mixture of religious and secular education, sports activities and service to humanity. We are dedicated to ensuring that our members develop and excel in qualities such as piety, honesty, and fair dealing to better contribute to society and our country Australia.
The activities of Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth are not limited to the Muslim community. We serve the needs of all members of society irrespective of colour, race, religion, or creed while utilising interfaith dialogue and cooperation to promote peace and harmony.
Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya (MKA), literally meaning ‘Association of Servants of the True Islam’ and also known as the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth (AMY), was founded in 1938 by Hazrat Mirza Bashiruddin Mahmud Ahmad (RA) and is the youth section of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Australia is a unique, dynamic, and vibrant organisation serving not only the needs of its members but also Australian society as a whole. In Australia, the organization was started in 1983 and now has 24 local branches in all major cities of Australia, with a membership of over 1,000.
Having its executive cabinet, with representation from all over Australia, Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth is led by the National Sadr Majlis (President).
The National President is elected by representatives of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth from across Australia. The following office-bearers are appointed to extend their help to the National President.
- Naib Sadr I, Naib Sadr II, Naib Sadr III and Naib Sadr IV
- Mo’tamad (General Secretary)
- Mohtamim (Secretary) Khidmat-e-Khalq (Humanitarian Services)
- Mohtamim Ta'lim (Education)
- Mohtamim Tarbiyyat (Spiritual Training)
- Mohtamim Maal (Finance)
- Mohtamim Amoomi (General Affairs)
- Mohtamim Sehat-e-Jismani (Physical Health)
- Mohtamim Waqar-e-Amal (Dignity of Labour)
- Mohtamim Sanat-o-Tijarat (Industry & Commerce)
- Mohtamim Tahrik-e-Jadid
- Mohtamim Atfal (Children under 15 years)
- Mohtamim Tabligh (Faith Outreach)
- Mohtamim Tajneed (Enrolment)
- Mohtamim Ishaat (Publication)
- Mohtamim Nau-Mubaeen (Secretary of new converts)
- Mohtamim Amoor-e-Tuluba (Student Affairs)
- Additional Mohtamim Tarbiyyat (Rishta Nata)
- Additional Mohtamim Finance
- Additional Mohtamim Sehat-e-Jismani
- Mohtamim Muqami (Regional Centre)
- Mohasib (Auditor)
- Muavin Sadr I (Assistant to National President)
- Muavin Sadr II (Assistant to the National President)
- Muavin Sadr Audio, Video & Website (Assistant to the National President)
- Muavin Sadr MKA IT (Assistant to the National President)
- Muavin Sadr MKA Property (Assistant to the National President)
- Muavin Sadr Waqf-e-Nau (Assistant to the National President)
- Muavin Sadr Wasaya (Assistant to the National President)
- Qaid-e-Ilaqa New South Wales (Regional Leader)
- Qaid-e-Ilaqa Victoria (Regional Leader)
- Qaid-e-Ilaqa South Australia (Regional Leader)
- Qaid-e-Ilaqa Queensland (Regional Leader)